Sunday, November 15, 2015

Paper Ala Mode and weekly menu

The Paper Ala Mode challenge this week is Thanksgiving.  We are being sponsored by Beccy's Place.  I chose an image called Bird On A Wire.  I love the image, and ended up making four cards with it!  I am showing them in order of my least favorite to my most favorite, so bear with me through the first couple of cards!

The first card was printed onto some textured cardstock with my printer at home.  I water colored it with watercolor pencils.

I did not put this card or the next one on the Paper Ala Mode challenge because there was no sentiment to let you know this was a Thanksgiving card.

My second card was printed on the same cardstock, but with my printer at work, and the ink did not stick well at all.  I went ahead and colored this one with colored pencils, but then I erased the toner ink and added my own lines with a pen.


The next two cards are the ones I put on the Paper Ala Mode challenge.  I had fun trying to color different birds.  Both of these were printed on my usual cardstock and colored with Copic markers


I hope you enjoyed the cards, and I urge you to play in the Paper Ala Mode Challenge because you can win some great prizes!

Today I've been doing my weekly cooking, and I know several of you like to hear my menu for the week so I will share

Broccoli Cheddar Soup served with toasted ciabatta bread
Pot Roast with red potatoes and carrots
Lemon Ginger Chicken thighs served with broccoli and rice
Fajitas - just green and red bell peppers, mushrooms, onion, and sliced steak simmered in a fajita seasoning served in warm tortillas with sour cream and salsa.
Crack Chicken Sandwiches served with side salad
Salisbury Steak with mashed potatoes and peas

I am not giving the link to the salisbury steak because I changed it up too much.  I want to add that the Crack Chicken and the Lemon Ginger Chicken thighs are both new recipes for me, but we did taste test them both and are looking forward to that meal!

I hope you all are having a great weekend!

3 comments:

Niki said...

This is a great image, love the spider web detail. I like how you colored each one differently. The 4th one is my favorite.

Daffodil Cards said...

They are all beautiful cards, all in their own way.

Lori m said...

Each one is so pretty, I like them all, great coloring ideas, thank you for sharing,
Hugs, Lori m