Saturday, February 13, 2016

Getting Sentimental and Paper Ala Mode

Hi everyone!  The Paper Ala Mode challenge this week is to put your focus on the sentiment.  We also have a brand new sponsor this week - Digi Stamp Boutique!    They have some great images in their store.  I chose to use a set called Flower Heart Circles.  It comes with four different wreaths and five different sentiments.

First off I made a birthday card.  It's a little hard to see, but I did add some yellow glitter to the center of the flowers.



I've been excited to show you my second card because I found a product that is new to me called Yupo paper and it is so much fun to play with alcohol inks on it.  Yupo paper is a synthetic paper and has kind of a plasticy feel to it.  When you drop the alcohol inks on it they spread out.  What's cool is that you can drop another color in the center of one and it will push it away.  This card background is just drops of alcohol inks.  If you search for yupo paper and alcohol inks art you will find some fantastic things people have done by controlling the inks a little more.


I also played around with the Yupo paper and made some polished stone backgrounds.  Using this paper makes that technique go much easier!  Here is one done in blue tones with silver ink.


Another one I did in orange red tones with gold ink

and a last one has no metallic ink, but I laid some plastic wrap on top of it and then pulled it off to give it some texture. 


I still have to make out my menu for the week and then to get to the store and get busy.  I wish you all a happy weekend!  

No comments: