Saturday, February 20, 2016

My Spice Jar Re-organization

Hi everyone.  I hope you are having a good weekend!  I've got a busy one and need to get going if I am going to accomplish it all.  I did want to stop in and let you know that the Paper Ala Mode Challenge this week is to make us laugh - make something funny to tickle our funny bones.  The sponsor is Bugaboo, and they have some great images to fit this challenge!

I have finished my spice re-organization!  Here is the before picture.  Bottles, jars, tins of all sizes were always falling over and it was hard to see what I had.



So, I ordered some jars from Specialty Bottle .  I can't say enough good things about this company.  Their products are nice and they have amazing customer service!  My jars arrived so fast!  Anyway - I got the jars and then I bought some little disc magnets and glued magnets on opposite corners of the bottom of the jar.

I measured where I needed the metal board, and my boss was kind enough to cut me a sheet and turn the edges over so there isn't any danger of cutting myself.  I printed out some labels and used Mod Podge to adhere them to the lids.  Once the glue for the magnets had cured I stuck them up on my board.


Now if I had had the foresight to screw the lids on the jars before gluing the labels on, all of my jars would be in a neat row with the labels all straight - but I didn't have that foresight!  It doesn't matter though, the board is in the pantry and not out on display.  I love having them in handy reach and I have much more shelf space.  The best part is I can see at a glance what I have and what I'm low on.


5 comments:

stamppurr said...

I think your idea is very nice and you even printed error so we can bypass like make sure the lids are on I love your honesty and thanks for sharing the great idea

Shawna said...

Nice! I may adapt this great idea for use in the van!

Daffodil Cards said...

WOW! what a GREAT idea. I'm forever moving my jars to get to what I want.

Tell your boss, to expect a few orders if he want them LOL.

bumblebee creations said...

What a great project, Holly!!!! Love this idea, might have to do something like this for my crafting!!

Stef H said...

awesome sauce!!!! LOL