Saturday, March 26, 2016

Paper Ala Mode says Run For the Border

Hi all!  Today's Paper Ala Mode challenge is to use borders on your project.  We are being sponsored by Crafts and Me.  They are a company I was unfamiliar with,  but I was really impressed with their selection of images.  I chose to use April Shower.  



I paper pieced the umbrella and used chalk for my sky.  Everything else was colored with copic markers.  I even made the little flowers with my copics!  I used some glossy accents on the rain drops.  For my borders I used a small thin metallic thread to border the image, and then I punched a lacy border out of vellum to print the sentiment on to and ran it horizontally across the image.

I hope you all have a wonderfully blessed Easter weekend.  I will be spending it with my grandson and his family.  I am excited to bring him a little Easter basket and a magnetic chalkboard I made him.


3 comments:

Stef H said...

fabulous. love the peeps too.

wishing you all a happy easter!

hugs :)

Daffodil Cards said...

How beautiful, love everything about it.

bumblebee creations said...

awww...love your cute card, and love the saying! Did you have a blast over Easter? I hope you did!!