Friday, April 22, 2016

Mixing It Up at Paper Ala Mode

Hi everyone.  The Paper Ala Mode challenge this week is Mixed Media.  This simply means to use more than one medium on your project.  For instance, don't just color with water colors - mix it up and add some markers, pencils, pens, ink, glitter, embossing powder...

It's the perfect excuse to really play with all of your craft products!  If you go to the Paper Ala Mode challenge this week, you will see some stunning samples by the design team.  You can tell everyone enjoyed getting out all of their supplies.

The sponsor for our challenge this week is A Day For Daisies, and I chose this adorable Sweet Dragon for my card.


I used markers to color the image, and stamps for the grass.  I added dots of glue down his back and then added glitter for both texture and sparkle.  I used gold foiling flakes for the spots on the dragon.  His wings were printed out on acetate and then glittered.

I wanted there to be movement to his wings, so when I cut them out I left little tabs, and then I cut slits on the dragon to insert the tabs in.  This lets this flutter about freely.  I also added some different sequins to the background.

This is an easel card, so I cut the sentiment out with a cloud die and popped it up on a foam dot to hold the card open.    Here's  a close up so you can see the wings, glitter and gold flakes on the body better.

I am also entering this card into the Fantasy challenge going on at Digitally Sweet.

5 comments:

Shirley said...

What a cute card. I love the dragon and what you did with the wings.

Daffodil Cards said...

BEAUTIFUL card.

You could enter it into the Fantasy chalelnge at Digitally Sweet! I would love to see you there.

Daffodil Cards said...

I'm so happy you joined us at Digitally Sweet! this card is wonderful and I'm VERY happy to repeat it.
Faith DT

bumblebee creations said...

He's So stinkin cute!!! Love all mixed media you did on This card!!!

Granmargaret said...

Lovely work. My youngest grand daughter would love this. Thank you for joining the challenge at Digitally Sweet. Hope to see you again next time.
I hope that you will try doing a 100% digital card for the May challenge.
You have a little bit of yellow on this so you could add it to the More Mixed Media challenge which closes in 3 day.