Saturday, May 14, 2016

Paper Ala Mode Goes Vintage

Hi everyone.  Today's Paper Ala Mode challenge is vintage.  We are to use an image that is something vintage or give our project an old, antique look.  Our sponsor is QKR Stampede.  I chose this adorable Ragdoll for my card.  I think a rag doll in and of itself would qualify as vintage, but after coloring this on kraft card stock I aged it a bit by brushing on a coat of crackle and then smudging it with Antique Linen ink.  The background was embossed and also rubbed with some of the ink.  I found a little rhyme on the internet  about a favorite doll and printed that out as a sentiment.


The Outlawz group is having some problems with their server and a lot of people are having problems getting in.  I happen to be one of them!  I hope they get the problem fixed soon because I hate not being able to check in to the challenges.

Wishing you all a good weekend.  I have a busy day ahead of me today, but I hope to have lots of time in my craft room tomorrow!

3 comments:

Stef H said...

love it. i have absolutely NONE of squigglefly's images anymore. guess i lost them all when my computer crashed. boo hoo. especially the lamp shade lady!

have a great weekend.

hugs :)

Daffodil Cards said...

Love what you have done with the image, yep! you achieved vintage. Great sentiment Love it.
OH! no losing all Squigglefly files boo hoo.
Outlawz is back, at least I had no problem!
Faith
x

bumblebee creations said...

Oh my goodness, I love this!!!