Friday, July 29, 2016

Anything Goes at Paper Ala Mode

The Paper Ala Mode challenge this week is Anything Goes.  We are being sponsored by Conie Fong Art and Sweet 'n Sassy Stamps.  I used this Coneflowers And Butterfly image from Sweet 'n Sassy and made these two cards

On this card I painted the image with masking fluid after coloring it and then used distress inks and a stencil to create the background.  I was going for a little bit of a bokeh look.  Unfortunately when I rubbed the masking fluid away it kind of pulled some of the paper off with it.  It's not that noticeable, but I don't think I will ever use masking fluid again.

My second card is more clean and simple


I hope you'll come play with us!

5 comments:

bumblebee creations said...

Love the look you achieved Holly, and of course I cant tell from the picture where it tore the paper.But,it sure is so discouraging when you spend money on a crafting product like that, and never want to use it again! Gorgeous cards! Love your coloring!

Shawna said...

Beautiful cone flowers. Love that purple!

Lenoria said...

Holly, both cards are beautiful and I can't tell where the boo-boo is on the first card!

Daffodil Cards said...

BOTH cards are so very beautiful, stunning colours.
Faith
x

Lori m said...

Absolutely stunning, hugs, Lori m