Saturday, July 23, 2016

Christmas In July

Hi everyone!  The Paper Ala Mode challenge this week is Christmas in July.  I love making Christmas cards ahead of time, and it's so darn hot outside that staying indoors and making something that makes me think of cooler days is a nice way to spend the day.

We have two wonderful sponsors - Dollar Graphics Depot and QKR Stampede.  My first card is a pre colored set from Dollar Graphics called Country Snowmen Christmas Cards.  I don't use pre-colored images often, but I think they are a great time saver when you are making lots of cards or when you need a quick last minute card.  I added a little extra shading with colored pencils and had fun using glitter, snowflakes, and buttons.  I added the sentiment with the computer.


Here is a 2nd one I made.  The snowflake background was made with a stencil and texture paste.


My last card uses Sledding Bear from QKR Stampede.  I used the snowflake stencil and texture paste for the whole front of the card and punched a circle out to let the bear peek through.  I also added little red pearls here and there.  The sentiment is computer generated.  I hope you will come play with us!
There are a lot of Christmas in July challenges out there - I'm entering this one in Penny's Challenge as well.


5 comments:

Daffodil Cards said...

These are ALL SUPER Christmas cards, love the images and the texture you have added, great papers too.
Faith
x

bumblebee creations said...

Love these cards Holly....both of your images are just adorable!!! Love how u turned the card around for a second card!

Michelle said...

Adorable cards! Love the punch out on the last one. Never think to do something like that :)

Thanks for joining us over @ Penny's Paper-Crafty Challenge! Hope to see you back again soon :)

wannabcre8tive said...

Very cute Christmas cards, Holly. I love them both, but the bear on the sled is just too cute.

nwilliams6 said...

I did not realize your last card was done with stenciling and texture paste - makes me like it even more. A great set of Christmas cards for sure, Holly. I haven't been in blogland as much as I should be these days but I am slowly getting back to it a bit. Many hugz!