Saturday, March 4, 2017

Spring Birthday Cards

Hi everyone!  I have been battling a case of the flu this week.  I am not one who gets sick often, and let me tell you - this kicked my butt!  I am happy to say that I'm better now!

The Paper Ala Mode challenge this week is celebrating Spring.  I can't say with all the pollen that spring brings I think there's too much to celebrate, but that's just my opinion.  In any case, the flowers are budding and the trees are blooming.  The birds are mating and the insects are buzzing; at least it is here in my neck of the woods.  

Paper ala Mode is lucky to have two wonderful sponsors this week.  Digi Stamps 4 Joy and Odd Ball Art Company.  I hope you'll take a little time to visit their stores and see what they have to offer.  I used a wonderful image from Digi Stamps 4 Joy called Daisy Moon and created two birthday cards.

For both cards, I duplicated the image to create an oval design and then added a sentiment in the center.



My second card was printed on black card stock with a toner printer.  I then foiled the image and used colored pencils to color in parts of it.  Once that was completed, I embossed clear embossing powder around the edges and added some gold pearl ex to it.  The photo doesn't do the foiling justice - this is so much prettier in real life!



1 comment:

Niki said...

Lovely, I like the embossing. Making a wreath with the images is a great way to show off both the images and the sentiment.

Just thinking, haven't heard anything about your dogs lately. I enjoy reading about their adventures.