Friday, May 19, 2017

Two challenges

The Paper Ala Mode challenge this week is to use the spotlight technique.  This is simply where you pick a portion on the image you want to draw attention to in some way.  We are sponsored by Lemon Shortbread, and I used this cute Halloween Girl and chose to spotlight the Halloween elements in the image.  I first die cut that portion out, then colored it and put it back in it's place with a slight dimension.


I missed posting about the challenge last week because I was at my daughters awaiting the birth of my 2nd grandson Zack.  He was born Monday morning and weighed in at 8.5 pounds!  I am happy to report that both he and mom are doing great.  It was such fun being there.

Anyway, last week's challenge was to make a masculine card.  We were sponsored by Beccy's Place and Dr Digi's House Of Stamps.  I chose a silhouette image from the Splish Splash set at Beccy's Place.

My first card I printed the image and then cut it out with my Scan n Cut.  I water colored the background with color burst paints.  Once everything was dry I glued the image to the card and added some rain drops with some crystal lacquer.


When I saw the negative space left where the image was cut out, I wanted to use it too and I love how it turned out.


1 comment:

Daffodil Cards said...

Firstly CONGRATULATIONS on the birth of your second Grandchild, glad to hear all is well.

Your spotlight card is wonderful, love the vibrant colours. Your other cards are Fabulous and ingenious too. Love them all.
Faith
x