Tuesday, August 1, 2017

Tangle Fish

The Progressive Challenge at the Outlawz is under way for the month of August.  This month's image is from Jean Chaney.  She created a wonderful angel fish, and another one with Zentangle designs in it called Tangle Fish.  Jean says:

As a Certified Zentangle teacher, I feel it is important for you to know that these images, while using some of the patterns of Zentangle are in actuality ZIA’s (Zentangle Inspired Art). The Zentangle® method is an easy to learn, relaxing and fun way to use structured patterns to create beautiful images. Do read more about this method from the founders of this meditative approach to art on their website. Zentangle.com

I chose to use the Tangle Fish for my project.  At first this image just screamed "shaker card!" and that's what I set out to do.  However when it came time to assemble the card I changed my mind and made a gel card instead.  It's been a long time since I've made a gel card, and I have to say that with the new fuse tool it's much easier than it used to be!  Plus it's good that I put the tool to some use since I've rarely used it since I bought it over  a year ago.

I used a cutting file from The Cutting Cafe for the fish bowl shaker card.  Regina has so many different kinds of cutting files.  I highly recommend her shop!  Now for my card


The sequins and pearls are glued directly to the image.  Only gel is in the pocket.  I hope you will come and play along with us at the Progressive Challenge!

2 comments:

*Vicki* said...

This is such a cute idea Holly!! I love the shape of the fish bowl with the gel card technique!! :)

Daffodil Cards said...

Wonderful colours, love the design, gel is new to me, but perfect for this card. I LOVE it.
Faith
x